Happy February! We are so thankful for all of the amazing opportunities that we had throughout January: seeing our students perform in Annie, performing for our state's administrators, and having several of our students place into the All-State Choirs! We have even more amazing opportunities and events approaching with the new month, and we are excited for all of the things our students will experience together. Please take a few moments to read through this week's newsletter and check out all of the upcoming events and necessary information! Have a great weekend!
- Chorale Performance at TASA -
What a special opportunity to represent GCISD for all of the state of Texas' administrators this week. The performance was wonderful, and everyone loved getting to see Baylor University as we traveled! A special thank you to Dr. Groppel, Dr. Ryan, and Dr. Zharndt for supporting us throughout this year and this event, and a specific thank you to our choir boosters and parents who made breakfast, rode the busses with us, and came to San Antonio to support the singers! We could not do this without you all!
- Chamber Choir Rehearsal Schedule -
Please stay aware of the upcoming rehearsal schedule for February! Our time together will be limited before our final performances for the Madrigal Festival so please make every effort to be available on these days. As we approach the competition, we will communicate all necessary travel information.
Feb. 4, 2019 | Chamber Rehearsal | 5:30 - 7:00
Feb. 11, 2019 | Chamber Rehearsal | 5:30 - 7:00
Feb. 18, 2019 | Chamber Rehearsal | 4:00 - 6:00 *student holiday
Feb. 19, 2019 | Madrigal Contest Pre-Concert
Feb. 22, 2019 | Madrigal Festival Performance
As we begin coming closer to our travel dates, please take some time to look over the Madrigal Trip packet linked below. Information about payment, travel arrangements and accomodations, and performances are all available for you there. We will provide paper copies of these to all of the students at next week's rehearsal.
- CHHS Solo Contest -
February 5, 2019 | TBA | CHHS Choir Room
Our CHHS Solo Contest is this coming Tuesday, February 5th beginning at 4:30 pm. Students may check the schedule below for their time slot and room assignment as they prepare for this day. Singers, please dress in appropriate formal attire (ladies: dresses, long skirts, or pants and a nice top; gentlemen: dress pants, a button down shirt, all students need appropriate dress shoes and socks should they be necessary). Please arrive several minutes before your assigned time to ensure that you are prepared vocally and mentally for your performance!
- CHHS Course Selection -
Course selection is coming your way for the 2019 - 2020 school year! As you begin to review your class options and make selections, let us help with how to schedule for choir's next year!
1. We believe that each student in our program has the capability and the potential to be a successful musician and a singer, and we will always encourage you to continue on as a part of our program.
2. We work very hard every year through our audition process to ensure that you are not only in the right place, but that the ensembles are set up to be as beneficial to the largest number of our students as is possible.
3. We will work very hard with the help of the counselors to ensure that your schedule gives you the availability and the opportunity to be a part of each class that you want and need to take without conflict, including choirs.
4. As you plan your schedule, we would encourage you to think about the program like a stair step and that the most likely place for you as a singer would be the next level of the choir program. While there are always exceptions and changes to this, this will be the most helpful as it will allow you to get the most accurate view of what your schedule may be.
5. Those of you wanting to be a part of our jazz choirs must also be a part of our curricular ensembles without exception. If you plan to audition for the jazz choirs at the end of the school year, you should indicate this now with your course selections by adding "vocal ensemble" to your schedule.
For more information and to help answer some preliminary questions you may have, click the link below! This should help in you in the planning process. As always if you have further questions that we can help clarify, please do not hesitate to reach out!
- Bluebonnet Festival & San Antonio Trip -
April 26-27, 2018 | San Antonio, TX
The window for registration has closed for the Freshmen trip to San Antonio! Please remember to send in all payments by the payment deadline. Any registrants requiring a withdrawal are subject to the refund timeline listed below. More trip details will be made available in the coming weeks!
January 25th - $50 (2nd payment)
February 22 - (final payment)
until February 26th - Full Refund
until March 26 - 50% Refund
after March 26 - no Refund available
- Chorale Varsity Rehearsal -
We have viewed all of the current student responses and have worked to create the best possible schedule for our Varsity rehearsals. Attendance is necessary at each of the rehearsals unless absences are permitted as addressed in the CHHS Choir Handbook. Please begin planning for these rehearsal now! All rehearsals will begin at 4:15 and will be an hour and a half unless otherwise noted below. Complete information regarding these rehearsals can be found HERE.
Feb. 26, 2019 | Varsity Women
Feb. 27, 2019 | Varsity Men
Mar. 4, 2019 | Varsity Men
Mar. 5, 2019 | Varsity Women
Mar.18, 2019 | Varsity Women
Mar.19, 2019 | Varsity Men
Mar. 25, 2019 | Varsity Women
Mar. 26, 2019 | Varsity Men
Apr. 1, 2019 | Varsity Women
Apr. 8, 2019 | Varsity Women (4:15) Varsity Men (5:45)
Apr. 9, 2019 | Contest Preview Concert 7 pm
- Europe Trip Rehearsal & Performance Schedule -
Students Traveling to Europe, we have been making exceptional progress on the preparation of our Europe music. Please plan for the remaining rehearsals to ensure readiness for our trip in March! Each rehearsal is required unless given excuse due to appropriate conflicts as designated by the CHHS Choir Handbook! All rehearsals will be immediately after the school day from 4:15pm to 5:15pm unless otherwise noted!
Feb. 7, 2019 | Europe Trip Rehearsal
Feb. 9, 2019 | Europe Trip Rehearsal | CHHS Choir room
w/ GHS, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Feb. 21, 2019 | Europe Trip Rehearsal | GHS Choir room
w/ GHS, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Feb. 25, 2019 | Europe Trip Pre-Concert
Mar. 8, 2019 | Mass at St. Matthias Church, Budapest
Mar. 9, 2019 | Mass & Concert at St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna
Mar. 14, 2019 | Concert at Salzburg Cathedral, Salzburg
- Important Dates -
Jan. 25, 2019 | Annie Performance (7 pm)
Jan. 26, 2019 | Annie Performance (2 pm, 7 pm)
Jan. 28, 2019 | Rausch Studio Recital
Jan. 29, 2019 | Chorale Performance | TASA
Jan. 31, 2019 | Europe Trip Rehearsal
Feb.1 2019 | Chamber Choir Rehearsal (4:15 pm)
Feb.4 2019 | Europe Trip Meeting
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter with a different address, fill out the form on our homepage!